Below is helpful information and links to tools needed for a vehicle custodian.
What does it mean to be a vehicle custodian?
Fleet Vehicle Custodian responsibilities are outlined in the RPM. Fleet Vehicle Custodians are responsible to do the following for all vehicles assigned to them:
- Ensure only qualified and appropriate individuals have access to assigned vehicles
- Ensure assigned vehicle is meeting local use criterion
- Deliver the vehicle to the transportation area at the scheduled time for all maintenance
- Maintain the vehicle in clean condition
- Notify the Fleet Manager prior to any reassignment of vehicles
- Request permission from Fleet Manager for any vehicle modifications, including stickers
- Ensure vehicle is secured when not actively in use
- Regularly inspect vehicle for damage, mechanical, and safety issues
- Report vehicle damage to Fleet Manager promptly via accidentreport.lbl.gov
- Report any mechanical problems promptly to Fleet Operations
- Maintain sign-out logs for each vehicle assigned to them
Safety QR Code
Vehicle custodians must ensure that this Safety QR Code is attached to the keys for all vehicles assigned to them, including GEMs/Club Cars. If you need a holder for the QR code, email email@example.com to request one.
Sign Out Sheets
Must be documented and filed with the custodian for one year. These are not maintained by Fleet services. The most current sign out sheets can be found here. If you want to use your own version or alter this version, you must get approval from the Fleet Manager.
Ensure that this card is stored in your vehicle glovebox (or somewhere within the vehicle for GEMs/Club Cars without a glovebox)
Any vehicle issues should be immediately reported to Fleet@lbl.gov. If you have found damage on your vehicle, report it through accidentreport.lbl.gov If there is damage to your vehicle that you are unsure whether or not it has been reported, email Fleet@lbl.gov to confirm.
If you or one of your drivers has been in an accident or incident, this must be reported within 24 hours at accidentreport.lbl.gov
Other Helpful Resources